Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor haaris
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Superagent Repository Failed

Hi,

I have one superagent repository whihc is getting failed from last few days.I checked there is no connectivity issue since its in same subnet with EPO server and there is no network issue.

I tried to create fresh repository on that server but still the replication getting failed.Also updated the agent version to 5.0.6.550 from 5.0.6.220 but still getting failed.

Error is :-Failed to connect, error 10060 ( A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Can anyone help me

11 Replies
McAfee Employee rrodrig1
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Re: Superagent Repository Failed

Can you verify the respository can resolve the DNS name for ePO, and ePO can resolve the DNS name for the repository?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for the update

Yes I am able to resolve the repository from EPO and also the EPO server from repository..There is no connectivity issue or port blocking since they are in same subnet.I tried to reboot the server and also tried tp replicate the repository but in vain..Dont know what actually the issue is

McAfee Employee rrodrig1
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

This is a WinSock error. The error code indicates that nothing is happening. The only two things that I know of that could cause this are firewalls and routing issues.

Try using PowerShell to confirm.

From the Repository, use this command:

PS C:\> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName EPO -Port 443

From the ePO Server, use these commands:

PS C:\> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName REPOSITORY -Port 8081
PS C:\> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName REPOSITORY -Port 443

Change the words "EPO" and "REPOSITORY" to whatever name or IP address is needed. Also, if you changed the default wake-up port from TCP 8081, then you'll need to update the commands accordingly.

If all of the commands are succesful (as in the image below), then I would recommend opening a Service Request with McAfee support.

2018-07-06 16_17_22-Administrator_ Windows PowerShell.png

I hope this helps!

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi Rodrig,

We will change the port 8081 with our wakeup port but what about 443?do we need to change that also?

Also EPO and the superagent repository is in the same subnet which menas no firewall in between them.Do we still need to test that?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

No you do not need to change 443

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Hi,

I checked the telnet commands from another superagent repository which is working fine and the result is same as of the effected superagent repository

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

If you create the repository folder manually, it will not work right.  First try this - send it a policy to not be a superagent repository.  Then once it gets that policy, delete the folders that are specified as a repository - all of them, even the root folder.  It should not exist at all.

Also, make sure the agent is communicating properly.  If it is not, it won't get any policy changes.

Assuming it is communicating and you have done the above, then push the policy back out to the client and do not manually create any folders.  The superagent conversion process creates them.  Then try replication.  Be sure also to not have lazy caching enabled.  You can't use both, as it will result in locked files and failed replications.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Hi Cdinet,

I already performed the steps you mentioned  but after seeing your update I performed the steps again but still the replication is getting failed.Both the EPO server & superagent repository server is in same subnet and doesnt seems to be a network issue.

Is there is anything else which I can try?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

We would need to see the epoapsvr log as well as all the agent logs from the superagent system.  Do you have a case open with McAfee for that?  We don't recommend posting data that contains company information on these forums.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator