cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Agent: where does it download from ?

Hi

I'm studying EPO and I would like to limit number of repositories, to avoir bandwidth saturation at the outside of EPO server.

So, does the superagent able to download from repository, or has it necessarly to download from EPO ? (i.e Is that possible to use Super agent as sub-repository ?)

Thanks

Christophe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Super Agent: where does it download from ?

Hi...

The superagent doesn't actually download anything - instead, the ePO server copies the contents of the master repository to the superagent. (This process is called replication.)

Therefore the contents of the superagent repository must come from the ePO server for it to be valid - a superagent cannot pull its content from another superagent, or from the McAfee site, for example.

HTH -

Joe

ok it 's what I thought.

So if I need a lot a repositories (~1000), there is no way to have sub-repositories (which download from repositories), to reduce bandwidth of the EPO server ?

Thanks

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Not at the moment, no, although something like this is planned for a future version, I believe.

Why do you need so many repositories? Managing that many will be an enormous task...

Regards -

Joe