cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue, EPO server 4.5 is pushing client only, but for just certain machines

Wanted to see if anyone else was having an issue like this.   Im using EPO 4.5 to push McAfee across our networked machines.  Usually, everything works fine... I can push to a machine and it will install both the client and the virus software (8.7)

However, certain laptops that we just bought (Lenovo T410s) do not take the software install... only the client. 

All machines are Windows 7 32 bit client... so its nothing on that side.

Manually installing the software works fine, but not easy for this site as we have many remote users.

Anyone seen an issue like this before?

8 Replies

Re: Strange issue, EPO server 4.5 is pushing client only, but for just certain machines

Two questions:

1. are you saying the Mcafee Agent installs, but no other managed McAfee software?
  2. are these client machines (The Lenovo T410's) accessing the network via VPN or on a WAN?

We have a similar situation but typically it is with client machines that are on the network via VPN.

Re: Strange issue, EPO server 4.5 is pushing client only, but for just certain machines

Correct, the agent installs but nothing else.  These machines have been accessing network over our LAN currently as I have only done them in house so far

I know we had to set the Windows Defender service to disabled, and then reboot, for the McAfee Endpoint Security products to install when we began testing Windows 7 in our environment.  Perhaps that may be the culprit?

I could try that... I just think its weird that its only happening on those certain machines.  Other machines with Windows 7 have no issues

are the new systems under lost & found or any particular folder?

what happens when you restart the agent on the client? or when you run update from the agent?

Message was edited by: easy1ndian on 8/1/11 4:38:39 PM GST
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 9

If the issue is on Win7 machines then first of all, I will suggest you to check if you are trying to install supported version of VSE (please test with VSE 8.7 patch4).

If the issue is on only one machine then I will suggest you to check the log files on the client machines, why its failing?

Please look at Agent log and VSE install log file.

If there are reminants of previous install and not cleaned correctly then new VSE install may fail. This can be verfied from VSE install log.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Other Win 7 machines are fine...  and also, its not just one machine... its a certain type of machine.  So, all Lenovo T410s do not push the software.   I cannot look at a log on the machine, because it does not install.   The EPO server logs do not show any errors at all

The machines are in different folders, we have this going on at different locations

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community