cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Still no mention of RSD 2.0. I see the RC

At installation SP2:

Setup detected an error reading the db.properties file requried to continue installation.Verify that this file is in the correct location

File exists

C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\

What to do? :confused:
tls4
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 46

important

does the installation require any restart for the server.
and is the clients affected while installing.

RE: important

My installation went though fine and dandy, no problems at all.

No restart is required and the clients arent effected, you just cant have a replication task running.

I also finaly got the agent extension from tier 3, which improves the loading times of the agents policy, also it gives you the option to disable repositories by default instead having them auto enabled.
podger
Level 7
Message 34 of 46

patch 2 did exactly the same on my epo server.

I had just migrated it from another server and it was working perfectly on the new server for 3 days, tried patch 2, it fails, rolls back, i can log back in but loads of the dashboard items just come up with "an unexpected error occured"

this is on a fresh copy of Server 2003 SP2, the only other things running on this server are file shares and WSUS 3 SP1.

luckily i still had my exported database from my previous EPO server. i had to completely remove EPO, reboot, reinstall and reimported the database again
sswari
Level 7
Message 35 of 46

I attempted the update yesterday. I did not notice that the database file was maxed out on size and the update failed. I am now not able to connect to the server to delete records so I can reduce the database size.

When attemting to log in local or remote, I get the message "you have provided invalid credentials" in red text just below the login screen.

Not sure where to go from here and ideas?

Thanks
Sam
SergeM
Level 9
Message 36 of 46

Database file "maxed out" ?

Hi,
I'm getting ready for the update, so I'm trying to benefit from your experience 😮

How do you verify the size of the DB and of the DB files ?

thanks
Serge

setup detected an error reading db.properties file required to continue installation

go to below link

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53935:)

i solved my problem by going to https://eposerver:8443/core/config

there i put password & test connectivity & it tested successfully. Afterwards i restarted my EPO server then it allowed me to install EPO patch 2 successfully.

thanks

Gururaj:)

At installation SP2:

Setup detected an error reading the db.properties file requried to continue installation.Verify that this file is in the correct location

File exists

C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\

What to do?

I've got the same problem here. Has anyone had any luck getting around this yet? The file is on the system, I guess I just don't know where EPO is looking for and expecting it to be. In my case it's D:\Program Files\McAfee\ePO\Server\conf\orion

I can open and view it in Notepad and it looks fine to my untrained eye.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you,

***Update*** I found the port on the EPO database config screen had incremented by 1 from what SQL was showing. I corrected it in the config and re-launched the patch and was succesful.

Hi,

I have the same error with the "db.properties"-File!
shostat, you had written about the port on the EPO database config screen. Think you mean the so called "Database Server Port". I've tried to correct the portnumber in the config screen. I decreased the number by 1, but doesn't work. Where can i find the correct port used by the SQL server?

Need help, pls.
Sebastian
Highlighted

Hope this helps

I had the same problem and I tried to increment to port number from 1075 -1076 to solve it but that didn't work so I did a netstat -n this showed me there where serveral ports open on port 1078 after changing this I restarted the server as soon as it came back up I saw the network activity jump and my clients started to reappear in the system list.

After an hour all my clients had reconnected to the server and where patched up to the latest Dat.

grin
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community