My installation went though fine and dandy, no problems at all.
No restart is required and the clients arent effected, you just cant have a replication task running.
I also finaly got the agent extension from tier 3, which improves the loading times of the agents policy, also it gives you the option to disable repositories by default instead having them auto enabled.
I had just migrated it from another server and it was working perfectly on the new server for 3 days, tried patch 2, it fails, rolls back, i can log back in but loads of the dashboard items just come up with "an unexpected error occured"
this is on a fresh copy of Server 2003 SP2, the only other things running on this server are file shares and WSUS 3 SP1.
luckily i still had my exported database from my previous EPO server. i had to completely remove EPO, reboot, reinstall and reimported the database again
I attempted the update yesterday. I did not notice that the database file was maxed out on size and the update failed. I am now not able to connect to the server to delete records so I can reduce the database size.
When attemting to log in local or remote, I get the message "you have provided invalid credentials" in red text just below the login screen.
I've got the same problem here. Has anyone had any luck getting around this yet? The file is on the system, I guess I just don't know where EPO is looking for and expecting it to be. In my case it's D:\Program Files\McAfee\ePO\Server\conf\orion
I can open and view it in Notepad and it looks fine to my untrained eye.
Any ideas out there?
***Update*** I found the port on the EPO database config screen had incremented by 1 from what SQL was showing. I corrected it in the config and re-launched the patch and was succesful.
I have the same error with the "db.properties"-File! shostat, you had written about the port on the EPO database config screen. Think you mean the so called "Database Server Port". I've tried to correct the portnumber in the config screen. I decreased the number by 1, but doesn't work. Where can i find the correct port used by the SQL server?
I had the same problem and I tried to increment to port number from 1075 -1076 to solve it but that didn't work so I did a netstat -n this showed me there where serveral ports open on port 1078 after changing this I restarted the server as soon as it came back up I saw the network activity jump and my clients started to reappear in the system list.
After an hour all my clients had reconnected to the server and where patched up to the latest Dat.
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.