Did you mean: 

RE: Still no mention of RSD 2.0. I see the RC

The download is DEAD slow!
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 46

I know I should just give up and do it tonight from home... but I'm waitning on all the rest of you giving up to make mine faster 😛
gmc_za
Level 8
Message 13 of 46

just finished downloading at 200kb/s 🙂

i was going to post the readme - but its too big! So here;s the fixes:

Release Notes for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 2

Resolved issues

Issues from previous releases of the software that are resolved in this release are listed below.

1. Issue: When accessing the "Systems/Client Tasks" tab of the ePolicy Orchestrator console, users without Administrator rights receive the error "An unexpected Error has Occurred." (Reference:360915, 400549)

Resolution: Users without Administrator rights can now access the "Systems/Client Tasks" tab.
2. Issue: The Product Catalog displayed hidden policy assignments. (Reference:359111)

Resolution: The Product Catalog no longer displays hidden policy assignments.
3. Issue: New DAT detection and installation scripts are available for inclusion in the Patch. (Reference:395895)

Resolution: This Patch includes current DAT detection and installation scripts.
4. Issue: On the Actions page, the Schedule Pull server task incorrectly invoked the “Purge Server Task Log” action. (Reference:358624)

Resolution: The Schedule Pull server task now correctly invokes the “Repository Pull” option.
5. Issue: Distributed repositories from different ePO servers could not be used as a source repository in another ePO server. The second ePO server failed to validate the package even after importing the source repository’s public key. (Reference:375338)

Resolution: Distributed repositories from a different ePO server can now be used as source repositories for other ePO servers.
6. Issue: ePO extensions did not display their build number as part of their version on the Configuration/Extensions tab. (Reference:382248)

Resolution: ePO extensions now display their product build number as part of their version number in the Configuration/Extensions tab.
7. Issue: When an incompatible query chart type or result type was used for the Generate Compliance Event task, an error message indicated that a query of chart type was needed. The correct required query type is a Boolean Pie Chart. (Reference:386081)

Resolution: When an incompatible query type is used for the Generate Compliance Event task, the following error message is now displayed:"Validation error: Invalid input from the Run Query command. The query must be of both Managed Systems result type and Boolean pie chart type."
8. Issue: An agent package could fail to rebuild when one of the package’s files had been updated. (Reference:391143)

Resolution: An agent package is now rebuilt for agents even after files in the package have been updated.
9. Issue: There is no way to purge the Rollup Compliance, Rollup Systems, and Compliance History tables. (Reference:364364)

Resolution: A purge action has been added for the Rollup Systems, Rollup Compliance, and Compliance History registered types.
10. Issue: An audit log entry was not created when a package was deleted from a repository. (Reference:384013)

Resolution: An audit log entry is now created when a package is deleted from a repository.
11. Issue: When exporting Systems to a CSV file, a blank window appeared and the export failed. (Reference:405890)

Resolution: Systems can now be exported to a CSV file.
12. Issue: When exporting query results, a blank dialog box was displayed due to a NullPointerException. (Reference:387413)

Resolution: Query results can now be successfully exported.
13. Issue: When exporting query results to CSV file, Tags, Operating System, and Installed Products show as numbers (Reference: 401779)

Resolution: The OS column now displays the Operating System for the system.
14. Issue: In VirusScan Enterprise, when exporting to PDF, the Detection Response Summary shows incorrect information. (Reference: 384708)

Resolution: PDF exports now show correct information in the Detection Response Summary.
15. Issue: When clicking the Group Bar header for VirusScan Enterprise queries, "An Unexpected error" is generated. (Reference: 387594)

Resolution: The Group Bar header for VirusScan Enterprise queries no longer generates an error.
16. Issue: In reports, the graph and the drilled-down report display different information for months. (Reference: 385445, 387247)

Resolution: The graph report shows the correct month or generated events accordingly.
17. Issue: An exception is encountered while exporting to PDF, when numeric values in the file name exist. (Reference: 402642)

Resolution: The customer can now give alpha and numeric names to PDF files.
18. Issue: SQL rollback and recovery with patch upgrade failure was not implemented. (Reference: 403002)

Resolution: The database schema is now kept in synch with the server, allowing the ePO Services to start on recovery.
19. Issue: Reinstalling a plug-in with an external library dependency causes a NoClassDefFound exception. (Reference: 384136)

Resolution: Reinstalling a plug-in with an external library dependency now works as expected.
20. Issue: The calendar popup date picker displays the wrong date. (Reference: 402135)

Resolution: The calendar popup now correctly displays 31 days for the date picker.
21. Issue: JFreeChart should be updated to version 1.0.8 to address a security advisory. (Reference: 384582)

Resolution: JFreeChart has been upgraded to the latest version.
22. Issue: When printing and exporting, the wrong IP address was displayed in the CSV Report format. (Reference: 364866)

Resolution: The IP address now converts to IPv4 correctly.

Downloading at a blazing 20kb/s. I noticed in the docs that the patch automagically upgrades the McAfee agent to 4.0.0.207. So if you're still running 3.6 with a lot of clients, you'll see an increase in network traffic as the new agent deploys.

I just completed my upgrade. Apparently the upgrade only installs the 4.0.0 extension. My agent was still at 3.6. I'm going to check in the new version while I'm on a roll, but it seemed strange.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 16 of 46

Well my reports are finally working again as they should (the csv thing) not much else in this that applied to me though.
Install is nice and easy, cant wait to see how many people change their Event Parser port and then complain something is broken though
Highlighted

Tried to install Patch 2 on my EPO 4.0 Patch 1 server. Seemed to go alright until the very end, then said it couldn't complete. Lots of errors in the event log along these lines:

Detection of product '{AF05AA5C-1B53-45DE-9FFD-8F37F329A4BC}', feature 'ePOMain' failed during request for component '{51B37FAE-1885-4523-8EE2-CAB443758B5A}'

Detection of product '{AF05AA5C-1B53-45DE-9FFD-8F37F329A4BC}', feature 'ePOMain', component '{F6AE175E-EBAD-2ED3-E329-291B33894765}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\temp\bugzilla37035-safeToDelete.tmp' does not exist.

Detection of product '{AF05AA5C-1B53-45DE-9FFD-8F37F329A4BC}', feature 'ePOMain' failed during request for component '{E0EE6185-EF5B-4F1E-A61D-2017CDC40C76}'

Detection of product '{AF05AA5C-1B53-45DE-9FFD-8F37F329A4BC}', feature 'ePOMain', component '{F6AE175E-EBAD-2ED3-E329-291B33894765}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\temp\bugzilla37035-safeToDelete.tmp' does not exist.

Rolled back ok, still working..

I know this doesnt help you but mine upgraded without any problems.

Mine failed as well, now the services wont start back up cause it says its marked for deletion. How can we get this patch installed

WHat are you guys running? Mine installed with no problems.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community