cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nthnu
Level 9

Standalone VSE from ePO?

Jump to solution

I must not be searching or looking with the right question.

Basically, we use ePO 5.x to deploy VSE 8.8 to all the computers. We have a handful of computers that are to never touch a network of any kind lol. I'm needing to get a standalone/offline installer for VSE to put on those computers. I know where to get the DATs, but can't find a way to get a standalone/offline installer for VSE from ePO.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcoffee
Level 9

Re: Standalone VSE from ePO?

Jump to solution

now that you will have to ask DISA again most likely, perpetual is an indefinite license, generally priced to allow you to continuously upgrade to the latest version year on year at a discount rather than purchasing annual subscriptions.

9 Replies
twenden
Level 13

Jump to solution

To get the standalone installer for VirusScan requires a valid grant number. Below is the link to the login page where you input your grant number. This is where all the products that you are licensed for are for downloading.

Download My Products Login | McAfee Downloads

0 Kudos
nthnu
Level 9

Jump to solution

We get our downloads from DISA so we don't have the grant number unfortunately. What would the name of the download resemble? I have VSE880LMLRP7 and VSE880P7 that came with our ePO setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mcoffee
Level 9

Jump to solution

If you have access to your EPO console, you should be able to download the product from your Software Manager.

Menu > Software Manager (listed under Software on the middle row)

Look in Checked in software > licensed > select McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8, underneath the components will appear and you should be able to located the Install - Windows (Patch x) and on the far right under Actions you can download.

Screenshot taken from my lab so excuse the number of updates

software_manager.png

0 Kudos
mcoffee
Level 9

Jump to solution

as a slight extension to the above, the issue will be the VSE from EPO will be the one designed for use with EPO, if you had the grant number and was able to download from your listed products you can download the specific standalone version and not 'VSE for EPO' which will be the one checked in to your EPO server.

If you get your downloads from DISA who would presumably hold the grant numbers to access the portal, are you able to request the standalone installer from them?

0 Kudos
nthnu
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'll ask.

0 Kudos
twenden
Level 13

Jump to solution

The file called VSE880LMLRP7 contains the VSE that you can install in a unmanaged (standalone) mode. Unzip this zip file and inside you will find setupvse.exe which will install the product in a standalone mode.

nthnu
Level 9

Jump to solution

Also, will have to ask still. During the install it's asking for a license type, 1 Yr, 2 Yr, or Perpetual, which I don't know. Learning as I go.

0 Kudos
mcoffee
Level 9

Jump to solution

now that you will have to ask DISA again most likely, perpetual is an indefinite license, generally priced to allow you to continuously upgrade to the latest version year on year at a discount rather than purchasing annual subscriptions.

nthnu
Level 9

Jump to solution

We were able to install with Perpetual. Thanks everyone for your help.

0 Kudos