Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will.w
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Stand Alone Network

Hello,

I am managing a few stand alone networks, all of these network have not connectivity to the internet and I am trying to deploy ePO within each of these networks.

So far I have stood up a ePO VM that is able to pull from the internet and sync to an FTP repository and I hand carry that into my stand alone networks.

Here is where my issues start. with my ePO servers setup on these stand alone networks I can put the FTP repo in as a Source Site and import the keys from the main server (EPO-MAIN) and it will do a pull but it will not check in the contents of the repo to the down stream servers.

When I go to the Soware Manager section I only see the message "The product catalog has not been downloaded yet."

Is there a work around for this problem?

thanks

Will

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stand Alone Network

Hi...

The software manager section is not going to work, I'm afraid - it needs to be able to see the outside world - so you'll need to manage these machines manually.

Which keys have you imported into the downstream servers? For this to work you need to export the "source" server's master repository public key, and import that to each of the downstream servers.

HTH -

Joe

will.w
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hey Joe,

I exported the Source servers Local Master Repository Public Keys for both 1024 and 2048 bit.

Will

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

That should be enough     What happens when you try to pull from the source site?  Any errors in the epoapsrv.log?

Thanks -

Joe