Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Software Updates Failed in EPO

got your files, will be reviewing it today.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 14

I responded to your email with what I found.  Email me if you don't receive it please.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
tmf
Level 8
Message 13 of 14

Can you please post your analisys?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 14

here is my analysis, removing the IP addresses in question.

From the capture, it appears there are some network issues, or possibly faulty nic on the epo server, it is hard to determine. Here is what I found.

1. The capture ran for one minute, 11 seconds, which is not a lot of time.
  2. The capture, in that one minute time frame had 156 tcp out-of-order packets, indicating packets aren't being received in same order they were sent and there are frequent reordering of packets 3. There were 108 previous segment not captured packets, which can have same result as dropped packets

Source of those in items number 2 & 3 is IP address 10.x.x.x Destination is 10.x.x.x

All those errors were between these 2 devices, I would definitely identify those and why such issues.

There were also 12 connection resets between those 2 systems.

There were no update attempts from McAfee update site, which I was hoping to capture the failure from.

However, this is enough to say there are some issues somewhere. If one of the ip addresses involved is your sql server, that is a problem. If it happens to be a firewall/proxy/router or other such device, that is a bigger problem for your network.

I don't think it is the fault of epo server at this point. If it was the server nic having issue, I would expect to see packet losses from everywhere, but it is only between those 2 ip addresses, at least for that point in time of the capture.

as fyi, one of the ip addresses is the epo server, the other is proxy.  Clearly a proxy issue.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community