cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428) Greetings everyone, so heres my question.. we have our server setup for after the agent is installed, the endpoint is pushed once. If there is a update to the endpoint, how do i make sure it'll get pushed out to the agents? Thank You
10 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Software Update

Ensure that you check in the available update into ePO repository through Software catalog. Based on type of update, you need either product deployment/product update task to push it to the client machines.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

it states its McAfee Endpoint Secruity 10.6 - Endpointment security platform extension 10.6.1 update.

so it sounds like i need to make a new task calling it product update?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

For extension upgrade, you don't need any task. If you are upgrading ENS clients from 10.6.0 to 10.6.1 then need to create product deployment task.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

so i set it up just like the others where it just deploy once right?

so now that i'm playing with this more, i can create a task for product updates.. i dont have any of that done.

do you have any recommendations on that? like weekly or whatnot

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Dats and amcore content are updated daily, so I would suggest setting up a daily update task for that so clients can stay up to date with the latest virus definitions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

so i would have a daily task.

i would include DAT, AMCore Content Packages...

what about the patches and services packs? should i  do those weekly? ...

i guess i'm asking do we have a recommended list of tasks we should be using?

thank you

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

There are several best practices documents on our kb site.  Most of that is purely up to each customer to manage their environment, including testing new releases, etc.  KB90961, PD22940, kb74059 for just a few.  The product guide for epo also has some best practices for setting up an environment.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

thank you.

i haven't had much luck finding any of these docs on your site.

i'm just not searching for the right stuff, thats why i'm reaching out for help.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator