cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Repository ePO Linux Agent Persistent Download URL?

Hello,

I am a Linux System Admin and in my organization we manage our Linux boxes with Puppet.  Naturally one of the management tasks is to ensure the ePO agent is installed on all systems.  So far our Security team has provided me with the ePO Linux installer file that they have downloaded from the ePO Web UI.  This manual process is time consuming and I have to imagine it can be improved upon.  Is there a persistent location for the current latest ePO agent on a software repository server?  It would be much better if I could tell puppet to pull from there or at least mirror the installer from a repository to somewhere else.

I have asked my security team but they are not certain how to answer my question or perhaps I am asking it in the wrong way.  Ideally we'd have some kind of persistent or at least predictable URL.  Something like:

http(s)://repository-server.example.com/asdjhfkjahlkjdshfasdf/epoagent-5.0.3-install.sh

-or even better-

http(s)://repository-server.example.com/asdjhfkjahlkjdshfasdf/epoagent-latest-install.sh

Thank you,

-Alan

1 Reply

Re: Software Repository ePO Linux Agent Persistent Download URL?

Hi Alan

Any ePO server / Agent Handler would have the McAfee packages stored locally within the following folder structure

\\server-name\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current

Not sure if that is what you are asking

regards

Steve

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community