Did you mean: 
denniz
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Software Manager problem with updating VirusScan patch 3

The epo software manager looks like this:

ScreenHunter_ 2013-05-10 11.21.16.jpg

So it seems there is one update available. Looking at the bottomm, there are two lines with Patch 3.

The first:

Patch 3, available version 8.8.0.3 (red), checked in version: 8.8.0.2, Current branch.

The other

Patch 3, available version 8.8.0.3, checked in version: 8.8.0.3, Current branch.

The next things i did on the line with the red 8.8.0.3 text:

- Hitting the 'update' link results in: Success. Complete. But still the update available is there, and nothing is changed in the screen you see above.

- Becuase it looks like i've already have the 8.8.0.3 version in the current branch, i tried the Remove link, but this results in a failure:  *Command Failed: Error. the server was unable to find package VIRUSCAN8800 of type Patch on branch Current..*

- Trying the 'Check in (branch)' link results in: Complete. But still the same screen saying there is an update available, but now i've got 3 lines about Patch 3:

ScreenHunter_ 2013-05-10 11.28.54.jpg

The only thing that works to get rid of one of these lines is thru the Master Repository, deleting a line:

ScreenHunter_ 2013-05-10 11.30.22.jpg

What can i do to get rid of the message saying: 1 update available?

2 Replies

Re: Software Manager problem with updating VirusScan patch 3

The only thing you can do is dleting patch 2 from current branch and tue update message will disappear.

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Software Manager problem with updating VirusScan patch 3

Denniz,

This is because The ePO Software Manager was never designed to support multiple patch levels coexisting for the same product ID.Please follow theis thred

https://community.mcafee.com/message/274605#274605

OR for more info follow this KB77487.

Thanks