cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Manager new product update notification

Jump to solution

Two questions:

1. Yesterday I received two new product updates from Software Manager related to Protection Workspace.  The updates report the available PW Services is 1.0.0.1147 and the available PW is 1.0.0.1074.  Since they haven't appeared with a repository pull, I tried to manually download, but the only versions available to download are what I currently have installed in ePO.  The new versions listed as "available" in the update notification don't seem to exist.

2. The emails I receive from Software Manager have the following subject line:  "Software Manager new product available (5.3.3)" event received.  We upgraded to 5.10 last year, so not sure why 5.3.3 is still referenced.  And maybe the new updates mentioned in question 1are specific to 5.3.3?  If so, I can't find where to change setting in ePO 5.10 to stop receiving 5.3.3 updates. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Software Manager new product update notification

Jump to solution

Software manager in itself doesn't send out email notifications, so you may have a server task or automatic response set up to send an email when there are updates available.  You might want to check those as you may have a subject created referencing 5.3.3. 

As for the available versions of PW, can you download them manually from the download site?  It may be an issue with software manager/catalog.  I can't test on my test servers at the moment to verify for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Software manager in itself doesn't send out email notifications, so you may have a server task or automatic response set up to send an email when there are updates available.  You might want to check those as you may have a subject created referencing 5.3.3. 

As for the available versions of PW, can you download them manually from the download site?  It may be an issue with software manager/catalog.  I can't test on my test servers at the moment to verify for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I did find that update referencing 5.3.3 was configured under Automatic Responses, so I disabled it and then enabled what I think is the newer automatic response that came along with the upgrade to ePO 5.10.  

I discovered I had to dig down through two levels of .zip files before finding the Client folder that I could then check into the Repository.  When McAfee offers up a .zip, I wish it was as simple as checking that .zip in instead of extracting and picking/choosing underlying .zips.  

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

It all depends on the zip.  Some are bundles and can be checked in as the whole zip while others aren't.  If they are in software manager, it should be able to be checked in as is.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I continue to receive email notices that the updates below are available, but no matter where I go or what I try, I can't find that these updated extensions actually exist.  

Updated software component: Protection Workspace Services - Available: 1.0.0.1147; Checked in: 1.0.0.954

Updated software component: Protection Workspace - Available: 1.0.0.1074; Checked in: 1.0.0.975

Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had the same new product update notification.

The checked-in version is the latest version of the  Protection Workspace Services.

and version 1.0.0.1147 is not available. Or version 1.0.0.1147 is an RTS version and there was an bug in the daily: "Download Software Product List" server task

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket so we can get this in front of whoever is controlling software manager backend.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community