cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Silly Question Time ? - Deployment Task

Hi,

With Global Updatingt Disabled - if a deployment task is enabled and has an entry in it set to "Install" and the task has run on a system and subsequently a new version is checked in to the repository - e.g. ePO Agent or AV or whatever - and nothing else is changed will the Deployment task now reactivate and run on the clients or not ?

Jim

FYI ePO 3.5 CMA 3.5 AV 8.0i
Labels (1)
9 Replies

RE: Silly Question Time ? - Deployment Task

<BUMP>

Would really appreciate some feedback on this folks 🙂

<BUMP>
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 10

that would depend on whether you enabled the tick box to run at every policy enforcement on the config page of the deplyment task and how you scheduled the task to run.

Thnaks,

Not ticked to run at every enforcement interval and just "run immediately" - obviously not scheduld to run "once".

Jim

<BUMP>

ANyone ever tried this ?

Jim

<BUMP>

<BUMP>

Daily Bump - come on folks - somebody must kniow whats "supposed" to happen 😛

...I know what "has/does" happen - just need to know if it's by plan or accident.... 🙂

Jim

<BUMP>

IMO it shouldn't run again. But I don't know, I've always felt that running tasks "immediately" or "once" without doing it on every policy enforcement interval is kind of fuzzy - sometimes the tasks never run...

That's how I "tbink" it "should" work as well - just seeking confirmation from someone who "knows" more than me....

Jim
challiwag
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 10

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I would like more clarification on "enforce at every policy interval", I ahve never been able to get a definative answer on exactly what it does.

Back to answer your question, I have all my tasks set to "run immediatly", without "enforce at every policy enforcement", I have a newer agent checked in than is on most machines, and it hasnt been pushed out automatically.

Thanks for that - as you may have guessed that's totally the opposite of what we've recently seen here with :confused:

I'd still like to hear something definitive froma McAfee "Bod" regarding this.....

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center