Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor sunshinebg
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 24

Several problems with ePO on Cloud

Hello, i have several issues with my ePO Cloud and want to discuss here. Hope to create a good thread and to resolve this problems. So, the first problem is a little bit scary. I see other admins witch not belong to my organisation and should not see them. What i mean:

other admins.png

Other issue is: Cannot edit some policy witch I duplicate from McAfee Default policy. Even when I received a threat event with signature id 344 in exploit prevention New Start up Program Creation can’t see this ID Only have option to View actions, I want to edit signatures!

policy.png

event.png

************ ran UTORRENT.EXE, which accessed HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\UTORRENT, violating the rule "New Startup Program Creation". Access was allowed because the rule wasn't configured to block.

I want to control this because following best practice and this is not ok!

Update, here is options from local Epo instance:
local.png

Greetings.

AD/Exchange 2013 and ePo Administrator
23 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 24

Re: Several problems with ePO on Cloud

Hi sunshinebg,

With regards to your first concern/issue.

The matter would appear to require review by the 'back office' team for ePO cloud, the support group (including me) have little authority to take action on matters pertaining to back office function or process I'm afraid.
I can take a look into your account for example, but little more!
(Message me privately if you wish)
or
If you call support and share the main ePO admin email address with them, they can log in, you'll see that in your logs and ask the 'cloud' guys to take a look.

As to the second issue that would appear to be a matter for the ENS group point product team to take a look at (at the very least), that would appear to be a rule matter.(function, creation, logic condition)

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Already send a mail to team, thx.

I have and other stange things, cannot choose Branch.

Only show current with lot of versions wich is not very ok.

branch.PNG

Also have and several issues when a running a query or report like:

Web Usage Trend
You are not authorized to run the query.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 24

I agree with Hawkmoon, we would need to have your login ID (not password) to look into this.  Please message him privately or open a ticket with McAfee so we can look into things.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Already sent a message.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 24

I did a little researching the issues you see.  The software in the master repository is controlled by the back end.  So that is as designed in cloud.  As for how to start deployment, at the getting started page you can customize deployments and choose the versions you want to deploy.  You can also go to the system tree, assigned client tasks and choose an existing task to edit or create a new task assignment and new task. 

For the inability to modify signatures, that is a defect that is open in development currently.  So there isn't anything that can be done about that currently.  You can, however, as a workaround, take note of all the settings in the signature you want to modify.  You can then delete it and create a new one with the settings you want changed.  If there is nothing to modify besides block/report, then just create a new one and those options will be available then in that new signature creation page.

Also as discussed in private message, ignore the policy administrators list of users - that is due to back end functions such as checking in or upgrading extensions.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Yes already use as a workaround product deployment to control witch version to deploy.

But if i have to recreate all signatures to cover needs inside of organization from scratch will be a little pain in the @ss

Because going to create a custom signatures and time is limit if know what i mean

I have other two issues too.

On report page see only one report and cant add or edit:

report.PNG

Also cant add or edit dashboards too:

dash.PNG

How to create or edit a reports/dashboards witch is suitable to my organization?

Glad to see help from McAfee with fast responses!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 24

The workaround is only temporary - they are working on fixing it.  I am looking at the other issues, give me a sec.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Also and another but not last:

In system tree when i want to run client task now the option is just missing.

Sometimes is need that to rum custom task to specific systems like custom policy or deployment/uninstall or whatever i need regarding specific organization needs.

system.PNGIts a limitation on Cloud or what?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 24

Yes, that is a limitation of cloud for run client task now.  You would need to just create a client task for run immediately for what you want to do.

See also KB89180 regarding reports.  That is also a limitation.

Was my reply helpful?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.