cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eeffuser
Level 7

Setting up EPO 5 Test Server on same domain as production EPO 4.6

Jump to solution

We would like to test EPO 5 beta and such on the same domain that already has a production EPO 4.6 server. Is it "safe" to install it on the same domain? We do not want to push out the beta agents other than to test workstations, nor interfere with our production epo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexn
Level 14

Re: Setting up EPO 5 Test Server on same domain as production EPO 4.6

Jump to solution

In My Production environment I have LDAP authentication, but in ePO 5.0 beta I just manaually managed five test machines.YEs, Any workststion would not get beta agent unless you set a client task, plus migrate or transfer that system from 4.6 to 5.0.With this you also have to transfer Agent to server communication keys as well, So no worries. You can freely Test epo 5.0 beta with some test machines.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am doing the same thing and everything is going perfect. I found ePO 5.0 with sql exp 2008 far better and easy to navigate.Now i am just waiting for final release.

0 Kudos
eeffuser
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you still do LDAP authentication or did you just manually populate a group of test systems in the system tree. I assume that no workstation would get the beta agent unless a client task is set or if done manually. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Jump to solution

In My Production environment I have LDAP authentication, but in ePO 5.0 beta I just manaually managed five test machines.YEs, Any workststion would not get beta agent unless you set a client task, plus migrate or transfer that system from 4.6 to 5.0.With this you also have to transfer Agent to server communication keys as well, So no worries. You can freely Test epo 5.0 beta with some test machines.

0 Kudos