cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server task 'DefaultAvertAlerts' failed

Anyone have any idea what causes this or how to fix it?
I repeatedly get:
31/01/2007 2:30:00 PM Executing server task 'DefaultAvertAlerts'
31/01/2007 2:30:04 PM Server task 'DefaultAvertAlerts' failed

And on the main page in Protection Pilot (1.1.1) I have "Security Threats" Last Updated: Failed

I'm guessing the 2 are related. I have no proxy, and the machine has direct, unhindered connection to the internet. Every other function works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
3 Replies

RE: Server task 'DefaultAvertAlerts' failed

no one? Found another thread on here saying he found it fixed in 1.5's beta, but surely this isnt a fault in 1.1.1 thats unfixable?
Highlighted

McAfee forum support is CRAP!!!

Undoubtedly, the worst support forums I've ever had to use are the McAfee forums.

I sympathise with the above fellow, typical no response from McAfee or any McAfee experts.

Pathetic, really.

JHH
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

RE: McAfee forum support is CRAP!!!

Hey, I find that these are among the best forums. No McAfee staff is present, but there are very knowledgeable and helpful experts who donate their time to help us. Of course they won't answer every question, as they cannot know everything and don't have 120 hours in a day, but I find this forum very helpful, and I thank them for that. I myself try to help, but have less experience with the product, so my contribution is marginal.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community