Did you mean: 
bagok86
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Server Task in epo 4.0 patch 4 missing

Jump to solution

Hi Guys

I got 1 problem here. Today i realize that my Server Task job all missing. I try to create a new task but it not appear under the server task.

I try to reinstall the epo and the result still the same.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Server Task in epo 4.0 patch 4 missing

Jump to solution

Hello bagok86,

the problem is the following line:

2009-11-20 19:13:24,090 WARN  [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] db.SchedulerDB   - Error occurred getting tasks: Invalid column name 'Flags'.
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name 'Flags'.

=> I assume at this point that a patch 5 installation or an upgrade to epo 4.5 was intended and failed / rolled back ...

The point is ... in the ePO database there is a table called dbo.OrionSchedulerTask ... at the very end there is a column called "Flags" in your case but it should be called "Type".

An easy fix is to simply rename the column and reload the console. But I assume at this stage that more entries in the database already have been migrated and have not been rolled back correctly.

The best would be a restore of a known good ePO database prior to the update / upgrade attempt.

Rene

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello bagok86,

I came across a couple of scenarios where exactly this behaviour was recorded ...

The issue can be narrowed down though if you check in the orion.log after running into the problem again ...

Please send me a snipped so that we can see what is happening ...

Rene

bagok86
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Here i attach orion.log

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello bagok86,

the problem is the following line:

2009-11-20 19:13:24,090 WARN  [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] db.SchedulerDB   - Error occurred getting tasks: Invalid column name 'Flags'.
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name 'Flags'.

=> I assume at this point that a patch 5 installation or an upgrade to epo 4.5 was intended and failed / rolled back ...

The point is ... in the ePO database there is a table called dbo.OrionSchedulerTask ... at the very end there is a column called "Flags" in your case but it should be called "Type".

An easy fix is to simply rename the column and reload the console. But I assume at this stage that more entries in the database already have been migrated and have not been rolled back correctly.

The best would be a restore of a known good ePO database prior to the update / upgrade attempt.

Rene

View solution in original post

bagok86
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

It is ok if i restore to database date on 1st November 2009 ,  Is it ok if we restore to old database ?

Jump to solution

well this depends if the same wrong entry exists in there ...

one way to check is to restore the database under a different name and check if the column in the dbo.OrionSchedulerTask is named differently if so the backup is "good to use" ...

Rene

bagok86
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi Rene

If i restore my db to 1 month old backup. Is it will cause my epo to malfunction?

Jump to solution

Hello bagok86,

if the issue was not present a month ago this database backup is a good start but you need to make sure that the patch 4 was already applied at this time ...

Rene

bagok86
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

What is in the database actually, is it will effect my other mcafee module, i have policy auditor, dlp that use the same epo

Jump to solution

Hi Rene

I just check the Db and found out that no issue with the db. Here is screen shot

Message was edited by: bagok86 on 11/20/09 8:51 AM
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community