I have just realised something that is slightly odd with the client tasks that are being destributed by our ePo server. I have setup 4 client tasks on the ePo server (DAT update on logon, DAT update every 2 hours, Engine update monthly and Patch update monthly) and when my Client PC's check in they are recieving the tasks correctly and are running them at the scheduled times. The Autoupdate task is set to 'not scheduled'.
What I have noticed though is that on the servers that are managed through the same ePo server the client tasks are not showing in the VirusScan console and the only update task that runs is the default daily auto-update running at 17:00.
I know that it is possible to setup different policies for VirusScan Enterprise dependant on if it is install on a Server or Workstation OS but I can't see any option on how this is done for Client Tasks. Can anybody help me out with this as i'm sure this is a setup issue and not a fault as its happening on all of the servers that I have checked.
Any help would be great as I checked in patch 1 for Enterprise 8.7i and told my boss that I would deploy to workstations this week but then manually install on servers over this weekend but have now realised that they all have had patch 1 installed automaticly!
I managed to figure out what the problem was in the end. We do have our workstations and servers in different containers however the policies for all updates are defined at our organization level.
What I had over looked was that in the 'User Interface Policies' for VS 8.7 was that the polices for servers did not have 'Display managed tasks in the client console' or 'Disable default AutoUpdate task schedule' enabled hence the servers were recieving the managed policies but not displaying them and the auto update was stil enabled.
I have adjusted now and woken a few agents up and all apears to be as expected now.