cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itqual
Level 7

Server 2008 R2 Not Receiving All Policies

Jump to solution

Hi there! I am currently trying to properly install McAfee onto my filer server which is running 2008 R2. It has installed successfully and has the agent on and such but will not install of the updates. Check the screenshots below for some details of the settings I have and the issues.

e0ad7a887b6718ca03311ed5ae7911e0.png

As you can see, it is in it's own group, type is fixed and it has 5 packages to install.

72bc798893e31d204222bf3bad52643c.png

From this screenshot, it is working fine, receives policy package however, when enforced it only enforces though two...

Windows Firewall is also disabled for now. I am also running with admin privileges as the local admin.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brentil
Level 12

Re: Server 2008 R2 Not Receiving All Policies

Jump to solution

We've had this happen before too.  It usually resulted from a couple of possible issues.

1. Products say they installed without error but actually did error, if this is true which I've seen happen with ENS it's a long rabbit hole of issues to go down.  You're almost better off redoing the machine.
  2. McAfee Agent is corrupt, we've solved that by doing a local /forceuninstall and then reinstall with the latest copy.
  3. The McAfee Agent does not support these products.  Your screenshot shows 5.0.4.283 but the latest copy is 5.0.4.500 or 5.0.5 is out now too, I'd give them a try first before anything else.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
abanaru
Level 11

Jump to solution

The policy will be sent by ePO and enforced only after the product has been installed.

Did the installation of ENS and DXL failed ?

0 Kudos
itqual
Level 7

Jump to solution

All of the installations have succeeded, not had a failed one yet. I have collected props/sent props/check policies/enforce policies and did the right click on agent and update and they all work successfully, though only downloading the two policies.

0 Kudos
abanaru
Level 11

Jump to solution

If the products are shown inside the Products tab of your system maybe you have set "Not Enforcing" for the policies ?

Go to Systems, select your host, click on Actions -> Agent -> Modify Policies on a Single System and see if Enforcement status is set to Enforcing.

0 Kudos
itqual
Level 7

Jump to solution

It looks to be set to Enforcing

Here's a screenshot of that section

cdb402a6a8d563441cbaa6c49fea557c.png

Also attached the full log of today. I think I saw some errors.

0 Kudos
itqual
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bump

0 Kudos
johnmoe
Level 11

Jump to solution

A better view into what's actually getting pushed to the system is to select the system in the system tree and choose Action --> Directory Management --> View Assigned Policies.  That'll take into account any policy assignment rules that are in effect.  For example, I have a default firewall policy for users, but IT gets a different policy through a policy assignment rule.  If I go through Agent --> Modify Policies on a Single System, it shows the default policy, not the IT policy.

Also, what does the "Products" tab of the System Tree properties for that system look like?  Does it show the products installed?  Have you verified on the system that the product is installed and functioning?  You can bring up the VSE GUI on that system?  The screenshot above only shows what I believe is a package deployment, and it says it's "Pending", not "Successful", so just want to confirm that it finished, is functioning, and that ePO is seeing that the product is installed.

0 Kudos
itqual
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here are some screenshots of what it looks like on the server. (I haven't turned it on for a couple of days.)

I will get back to you with the EPO stuff, but the McAfee portal is down at the moment so I can't connect on.

0 Kudos
itqual
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here's a screenshot of the assigned policies to File02 Test, obviously a lot missing.

and I have also assigned specific policies just for this computer

and finally the product tab

0 Kudos
tkinkead
Level 12

Jump to solution

The Agent isn't enforcing the policies for those products because it doesn't see that those products are installed.  Assuming those products are actually installed correctly, have you tried removing and reinstalling the Agent?

0 Kudos