cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second EPO server in DMZ

Hi to all,

I hope this is the right section

I have an EPO 4.0 server working for 150 pcs on LAN, and everything is OK.

I have also neaer 200 notebooks, working rarely on LAN and more time remotely on Internet.

These notebooks can download updates from nai.com, but cannot reach EPO server in LAN, so I'm thinking about a second EPO server in DMZ.

I red something here, but is there a guide for this scenario?

I suppose a new agent is needed because notebooks have to comunicate primarily with this new EPO server in DMZ and only some time with the firs EPO in LAN

Can someone help me? 🙂

Regards,

Marco
Tags (3)
3 Replies
jawuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Second EPO server in DMZ

do the laptops never connect in to the main network over the internet via VPN for policy updates/reporting?

i remember reading this ancient thread about it, it sounds like an interesting idea. And it wouldnt suprise me if Mcafee implement it in a future release. Microsoft are doing it with SCCM i believe, where there is like an external facing gateway server in the DMZ meaning clients do not need to establish a VPN connection to be managed

http://community.mcafee.com/archive/index.php/t-187711.html

regards

J
Highlighted
bxs
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

ePO 4.5 introduces the concept of an "agent handler" which sits in the DMZ and communicates between internet clients and the internal ePO server. You can read more about this on the McAfee support portal in the beta section.

Looks very cool!
jawuk
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

I thought as much! But i hadnt looked at it yet *looks at 4.5 manual sitting on desktop*

Its out in the Summer
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community