cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for Computers in ePO 4

Hi

Is there a way that you can search for several computers at once or is it only limited to one computer search at a time?

What im after is to be able to enter computer1,computer2,computer3 and then get the results

thanks

Tony
9 Replies

RE: Searching for Computers in ePO 4

Hi Tony,

If you go into the quick system search and type the first part of the common name then it will bring all machines back like that.

i.e. we have finance machines called Fin-username so if you put Fin in the quick search, it brings back all machines starting with Fin

Any help?

its a little help - many thanks
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 10

You can also use the query builder to do this - it's a bit of a clunky approach but it would work. Simply add each machine name as an "or" criterion in the filter - so create a new Managed System table query and set the filter to
"System name equals computer1
or
system name equals computer2
or"

and so on.
HTH -

Joe

I 2nd the query builder idea...it is a great tool. If you build a query and save it, you can then call that query from automated tasks and use the results there.

For example, I have a query that searches my directory for super agents. If I ever want to do a super agent wakeup call, I created a task that uses this query to pull the list of computers then send the sa wakeup call....very handy.
Highlighted
Scissor
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

Re: RE: Searching for Computers in ePO 4

Is there a way I use Query builder to locate duplicate system names in ePO?   Sometimes when I search for a system I will get two results with the name name.  One result will have the details included (IP, OS, etc), while the second result is blank for those fields.   I'd like to remove the duplicated system names...

Scissor
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

*doh* found it myself.  There is an existing Report called "ePO: Duplicate Systems" that looks like it does what I need.

You saved me the time from replying then

Fiona
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

Jeff, how does your query to discover super agents work?  The only way I've found is to manually tag them but that isn't very efficient.

You are correct.  I am doing the query via tags.  I have my super agents tagged as they have their own place in my system tree.  I would think there might be another way to do this considering the agent properties will distinguish super agents.  I'll have to check this out when I'm back in the office but that won't be until Monday

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community