RE: Possible fix via ScriptScan exclusions

how do i go about making a copy?

thanks for your help.
tacpot
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 28

Sorry - I wasn't precise enough. Just copy the iexplore.exe to another name, e.g. mexplore.exe, and add the new process name to the list of ScriptScan exclusions.

I see. I'd go give it a try and hope it works!

Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I've tried to copy and rename iexplore.exe to sapexplore.exe. When I double-click this new icon, it initally appears in the Task-Manager as "sapexplore.exe", but within 3secs, it disappears and re-appears as "iexplore.exe".

Any idea how to get around this? Sorry but I'm totally clueless about how the copying can be done. Hope you can give me some precise procedure.

Thanks!
tacpot
Level 7
Message 15 of 28

Apologies. Windows File Protection is stepping in and renaming the file. I'm not sure I can help from this point in. I looks like we have run into a dead-end.

No worries, pal! You've helped alot with your tips.
Highlighted

I expereince the same issue with the web based version of Visibility. It calls IE and runs a script which is slowed down by McAfee scriptscan. Excluding iexplore.exe is not an option. Would like the ability to exclude trusted websites..

"Installing a new WSH version merely overwrites the registry changes that 8.0 makes to install ScriptScan. Thus, Scriptscan will no longer be installed correctly and Java & VBScripts will not be scanned. Installing some McAfee patches will (re-)register the ScriptScan component (scriptproxy.dll) in place of jscript.dll & vbscript.dll and you will be back to the same problem."

we tried updating WSH to 5.7 and as expected, the "scriptproxy.dll" gets replaced by "vbscript.dll". however, after the ePO Agent calls into ePO Server, "vbscript.dll" gets replaced by "scriptproxy.dll" again!!

does this mean that after the update, scriptscan is working 'properly' again?

Scriptscan Problems

Hello,

we also have serious problems when using SAP web reports. Scriptscan is slowing down the frontend extremly. Simply switching off the scriptscanner can't be the solution.

Does anybody (hopefully somebody from McAfee reading this message) know, whether there will be an option in the future that enables the scriptscanner to exclude specific URLs or named scripts from scanning?

In my opinion this is the only proper solution.

Best Regards

Thomas Blockhaus
jjbova
Level 7
Message 20 of 28

RE: Scriptscan Problems

So does Mcafee or any one have a way to exclude only trusted Sites. To me that would seem like the most logical, and most secure way of doing this.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center