cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Schedule a Query or Report

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm looking up a way but have yet to find it to schedule and automate reporting.

My intention is to automate and report or query that is then exported to a csv file.  having a csv file then allows our company to run scripts over the information to allow better responses and providing more detail as the case is picked up.

What I've noticed is CSV seems to only be allowed with query's not reports, but if anyone has a was to do either I'm all for it.

The next few questions will be around getting the right information out of the query but for now I just want to se eif this idea is possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Schedule a Query or Report

Jump to solution

Yes, go to server tasks, new server task, run query and choose your query.  Under sub actions you can email it to various recipients on a schedule.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

A report is a pdf, designed to be an actual report with headers, etc.  Queries are the only option for a csv output.  As for the data you want to see, there are many options for columns.  You can experiment with what you want by either modifying an existing query (duplicate) to add or remove desired parameters, or go to new query and choose the type and columns displayed there.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply,

I get that query would be the most likely option, the real question is can I automate a query set it up to export a weekly csv without user interaction

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes, go to server tasks, new server task, run query and choose your query.  Under sub actions you can email it to various recipients on a schedule.

Jump to solution

Awesome thanks mate hopefully that was what I was looking for.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hope so!  Glad to help