cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scavenging licenses

Hi,

I work at a local University.  We are not currently using ePO and have stand alone installers for VSE, Endpoint Security available for Students, Faculty, and Staff with active roles with our University.  We are looking for a way to scavenge licenses from persons who installed a product then left the University as to not exceed our license counts.  Does ePO in combination with ePO agent provide or some other product provide 1) some reporting so that we can determine which licenses can be scavenged 2) some mechanism to scavenge the license.  Users are required to login to download the software but i'm assuming if we leverage ePO we could use the agents to possibly keep track of the registered user information for licensing purposes?

Example: Joe Smith downloads a copy of VSE/ENS while a Faculty, 1 year later leaves the University but selected the perpetual license option.  How would we be able determine this license is no longer needed and how do we scavenge?

thanks,
Justin

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Scavenging licenses

There is no license to scavenge as you put it. Using epo would keep record of the node count in your environment for licensing compliance purposes, as you would just delete that node from your epo server when it is no longer there. You really have no control over things once they leave your environment, but as long as the systems are removed from epo, your node count can still be validated that way.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community