- It's faster than before : We've listened to our customers who asked for a faster Engine and it delivers superior performance to current McAfee Anti-Virus products on all supported platforms.
- Improved detection of existing, new and potential threats which increases the depth and breadth of the protection we provide.
- Delivered in a engine for all supported platforms ~ Enhanced support for Adobe Flash (.swf) file format
~ Improved File Decomposition, helping us to detect more threats. Including enhanced support for the Nullsoft Installer file format.
- 100% drop-in compatibility with existing McAfee Anti-Virus products and DAT files. It's easy to upgrade; just update your Scanning Engine through ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) and you're protected. No worrying about compatibility.
- We have digitally signed the engine to allow its origin and integrity to to be checked.(Windows Only)
When I apply the update manually (we're still testing it) the version does not update when right-clicking the 'M' and selecting About in the system tray (still shows 5301.4018). However, when I open up VirusScan 8.5 and look at the About properties it shows the new engine version (5400.1158). Our ePO 4.5 server shows the systems having the newest 5400 engine installed.