cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Question: Basic Availability Groups

Jump to solution

Regarding the KB https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83860 , there are a question:

We want to use SQL Standard Edition and with SQL Standard edition you get Basic Availability Groups.

Basic = one group for each database that you have ePO has two databases, so two groups to have failover for both databases you need two IPs, one for each group/database..

So ePO must be able to connect to the first DB with one IP and to the second DB with another IP.

The question is really: can ePO work with Basic Availability Groups, which implies using two SQL IPs, one for each DB?

Thanks

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: SQL Question: Basic Availability Groups

Jump to solution

I am no sql expert on how exactly the always on feature works in regards to the synonym events database goes.  I do know we do support that feature, but not during upgrades or installs.  So the fact that we do support it, you would need to get with your dba for exactly how that would work with a linked database.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

No, it cannot.  The second database is for storage and efficiency, epo does not connect to that events database directly, as there is a linked synonym for it. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

so it does not work with alwayson (standard/basic) because of the second database?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I am no sql expert on how exactly the always on feature works in regards to the synonym events database goes.  I do know we do support that feature, but not during upgrades or installs.  So the fact that we do support it, you would need to get with your dba for exactly how that would work with a linked database.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

thank yo cdinet

Regards

Robert

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator