Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

SQL Database Check Integrity fails on ePO database

Jump to solution

Noticed that our weekly maintenance task that includes "Check Database Integrity" has started to fail. 

Below is what is being logged. Does anyone know how to fix and what this means? I am not a SQL admin so don't fully understand what to do. 

Microsoft(R) Server Maintenance Utility (Unicode) Version 12.0.6024
Report was generated on "Fed\SQLEXPRESS".
Maintenance Plan: ePOMaintenancePlan
Duration: 00:01:13
Details:
Check Database Integrity (Fed\SQLEXPRESS)
Check Database integrity on Local server connection
Databases: ePO4_Fed
Include indexes
Task start: 2019-05-12T00:00:22.
Task end: 2019-05-12T00:01:32.
Failed:(-1073548784) Executing the query "DBCC CHECKDB(N'ePO4_Fed') WITH NO_INFOMSGS
" failed with the following error: "Table error: Multiple IAM pages for object ID 1433824220, index ID 1, partition ID 72057623920115712, alloc unit ID 72057625928925184 (type In-row data) contain allocations for the same interval. IAM pages (1:29038) and (1:32387).
CHECKDB found 1 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in table 'EPEUserLogonData' (object ID 1433824220).
CHECKDB found 1 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'ePO4_Fed'.
repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB (ePO4_FedFed).". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Command:USE [ePO4_Fed]
GO
DBCC CHECKDB(N''ePO4_Fed') WITH NO_INFOMSGS

GO

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Re: SQL Database Check Integrity fails on ePO database

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. I will call the Drive Encryption Team just as a precaution. Never had to deal with this type of issue before.

Do you know if most run the check database integrity command daily. I believe that I read somewhere that you do it weekly. 

9 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

That is not a good message to see, I hate to say.  When did this start and were there any changes, out of space issues, etc?

CHECKDB found 1 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'ePO4_Fed'.
repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level

That means there is some corruption somewhere and when you see the repair_allow_data_loss, we do not recommend running that, as we have no way to know what data will be lost.

I would highly recommend restoring a backup of the database from prior to this happening.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Did find a McAfee KB article that provides a script that does the repair. Are you saying no to do this? 

The article is KB82240.

Also another question is that what will happen to systems that are running McAfee Drive encryption that we setup before the last database backup?

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Do you think that we should follow. I noticed that we would need to restore to a back prior to this error which is about two weeks ago. How do we handle systems that were setup with McAfee Drive Encryption since then?

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) 5.x, 4.6.x
Problem
The SQL DBCC CheckDB command is run against the ePO database and the output indicates the database has consistency and/or allocation errors. 

The minimum repair level may or may not indicate that the Repair_Allow_Data_Loss option is required to repair the  database. The output may look similar to the following:

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 308 consistency errors in database
repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB

Solution
WARNING: Do not run the DBCC CheckDB command with the repair_allow_data_loss option. This is a destructive command, and you have no control over what data is lost. The data lost could be critical data that leaves the ePO database inoperable or in a broken state with symptoms that are not immediately apparent. 

Running the repair_allow_data_loss command is not supported. 

Use the following non-destructive instructions to attempt a repair on the database:
  1. Backup the ePO database.
  2. Click Start, Run, type services.msc and click OK.
  3. Stop all ePO services and all remote Agent Handler services (if any).
  4. Run the attached script (DBCorruptionFix.txt), which runs the DBCC CheckDB command with the repair_rebuildcommand. 
NOTE: This script may take several hours to complete. The repair_rebuild command is a non-destructive command that will not result in any data loss. It may repair the consistency / allocation errors even if the DBCC CheckDB command indicated that the repair_allow_data_loss option was required. 
  1. Review the output of the script when it completes.
    • If the output indicates that the ePO database has consistency and/or allocation errors, then the database must be restored from a good backup that does not have any corruption.
    • If the issue was repaired, the output will look like the following: 
      CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, you can try the script in kb82240.  Once you run that, run dbcc checkdb again to ensure no more errors.  If no more errors, make sure things look ok with epo, then run the snapshot recovery task in epo and when it finishes, get a good backup of your database so you have a good recent copy.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

That script in KB82240 shows error after it completed. It looks like the only option is to restore the database from a good known one. The problem we have is that we run the SQL Maintenance backup task weekly which has the check database integrity in the task. 

We do do daily backups but these don't run the checkdbc command so don't know when this problem occurred. Do most people run checkdbc daily with their full backups?

Not too sure what would happen to systems that are running Drive Emncryption if we restore to a backup that is over a week old as that is the last log that shows no errors with checkdbc. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Your drive encryption systems should be fine, as they will still be in epo and even if DE was installed after that point in time, when they check in, they will send in their props and updated info.  You can check with the drive encryption team, but from past experience, they should be fine.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. I will call the Drive Encryption Team just as a precaution. Never had to deal with this type of issue before.

Do you know if most run the check database integrity command daily. I believe that I read somewhere that you do it weekly. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

I can't answer for most customers.  Our recommendations for maintenance is in  KB67184 - you will need to log into support.mcafee.com to view it.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community