cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDAT6237 - "Unkown failure processing package"

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm running ePO 4.5 on and isolated VLAN. I manually check-in the new SDAT packages after I download them and transfer them to the VLAN. Starting with SDAT6237 I get "Unknown faliure processing package" when I try to check it in. Is there something different that needs to be done since SDAT6237? Thanks for any help you can give me!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDAT6237 - "Unkown failure processing package"

Jump to solution

That refers to Superdat Manager, which is a separate Enterprise support only application. You won't see if it you don't use it.

I'd suggest instead you take a look at McAfee Support Article: KB71064

There's normally no reason to use an Sdat over an ePO-deployable Dat package so hopefully the workaround listed will be ok for you:

"Use the zipped DAT Package For Use With McAfee ePO package on the McAfee Security Update site (http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx) to download and deploy an ePO-deployable zip file that contains the latest full DAT and the last 35 GEM incremental files."
Rgds,
Rob

5 Replies
hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

SDAT6237 onwards will be using SDM 2.5 (SuperDAT manager) that was released yesterday and as per its readme document (point2) https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22883/en_US/...).

SuperDAT executables created using SDM 2.5 cannot be checked into ePO 4.x. It needs to be checked in as an ePO package and we would be releasing daily SuperDAT-ePO packages later in Q1 2011.

Message was edited by: Hem Bihari on 27/1/11 2:22:16 AM IST

Jump to solution

Thanks Hem. Where do I find the "<SDAT_MAN_root_Folder>\eposcripts" folder that contains the PkgCatalog.xml, SuperDATDet.mcs and SuperDATInstall.mcs files? I don't see it on my EPO 4.5 server.

Jump to solution

That refers to Superdat Manager, which is a separate Enterprise support only application. You won't see if it you don't use it.

I'd suggest instead you take a look at McAfee Support Article: KB71064

There's normally no reason to use an Sdat over an ePO-deployable Dat package so hopefully the workaround listed will be ok for you:

"Use the zipped DAT Package For Use With McAfee ePO package on the McAfee Security Update site (http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx) to download and deploy an ePO-deployable zip file that contains the latest full DAT and the last 35 GEM incremental files."
Rgds,
Rob

Jump to solution

That zipped Dat Pakage only works if the client is old with almost 34 Dats. But if you have a client with a DAT older more than 35 days you need to deploy a SDat. But you can´t deploy a Sdat becouse the 2.5 version is not compatible with ePO.

I had a long discusion with mcafee and finally they send me the Agent Manager.

If theres no problem with the Community Administrators I could send you the 3 files that you need to create the SDAT.zip file.

Regads

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

kyokiyota wrote:

That zipped Dat Pakage only works if the client is old with almost 34 Dats. But if you have a client with a DAT older more than 35 days you need to deploy a SDat.

That's not correct, I'm afraid - as Rob said, the zipped package contains the last 35 incremental files and the full dat .zip file. (It's basically a zipped snapshot of that day's DAT folder from the McAfee update site.)

If you have a machine that's more than 35 days out of date the update task will request the full dat zip: you do not need an SDAT.

Regards -

Joe