cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM 2012 Offline Servicing is blocked by McAfee 8.8 client

I have a server containing VSE8.8 and SCCM 2012.

When I want to use offline servicing in SCCM2012 then i get access denied error (5) but i can´t find how to make the proper exclusion sin access protection to solve this.

When I disabled the access protection scanner it all works fine...how do i solve this ?

When i watch the access protection log file nothing is metioned in there, but when I disabled the access protection it all works fine.

Message was edited by: pollewops on 1/15/13 8:48:04 AM GMT+01:00
5 Replies

Re: SCCM 2012 Offline Servicing is blocked by McAfee 8.8 client

I am going to try if I can request this at the EPO administrator.

But the strange thing is that i can´t find any McAfee log file in which i can check and see why and what is blocked.....

Something to be aware of.  McAfee is reportedly causing issues with SCCM 2012, particularly when installing the upcoming SP1.

http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2013/01/11/configmgr-2012-sp1-rollout-tip-disable-antivirus-before-...

Hi. Is there any clear evidence currently that McAfee is the cause here? These are observations of symptoms caused by a yet unidentified cause. please review the following post as it appears that this symptom has been experienced when using MS SCEP, no AV, etc and with mixed results.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagerosd/thread/9c34add1-5261-4dcf-b3f6-7c2...

@pollewops can you confirm where you are seeing access denied errors and what component they are associated to? is it DISM.exe?

Interestingly McAfee support and engineering have investigated this and analysed the VS AP code and found no problem with Access Protection or VSE 8.8 at the time of this post.

hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6