cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SADR Replication Task fails with error 11002

Jump to solution
We set up a new SADR and the replication task errors out with the message "Failed to connect, error 11002 (This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative source.)". The agent on the SADR has no problems communicating to the ePO and getting wake up calls. The SADR doesn't use the same DNS as the ePO. Any help would be appreciated.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SADR Replication Task fails with error 11002

Jump to solution
I was able to find the solution. You are correct that it was a DNS issue; we added the IP and FQDN of the SADR to the host file of the ePO, and it started working! We didn't realize that the replication task was trying to access the SADR over the web instead of using the IP. Thanks for your help!
2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution
What do you mean the sadr doesn't use same dns as epo server? Are they on different domains? That sounds like dns resolution issues. If they are on different domains or using different dns servers, then have you tried adding the dns server of sadr to the epo serve nic properties in dns as well as append dns suffix for that domain? The epoapsvr log on the server should show you a little more about that error. That is in the epo install directory, db\logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
I was able to find the solution. You are correct that it was a DNS issue; we added the IP and FQDN of the SADR to the host file of the ePO, and it started working! We didn't realize that the replication task was trying to access the SADR over the web instead of using the IP. Thanks for your help!
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community