cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SADR Initiated Replication

In ePO 4.0, is there a way to get a SADR to initiate a replication? :confused:

I see there are no "Client Tasks" that would accomplish this, only the "Replicate Now" option in the Software window or creating a "Server Task" in the Automation window can get a replication started. 😞

I ask this because we have clients that are NAT'd, which prevents the ePO from initiating any action. If client tasks need to be performed, we must wait for the agent to checkin, at which time it receives its tasks.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

RE: SADR Initiated Replication

I'm afraid not - replications are all server-side driven.
Maybe you could define a local repo for the machines that are NAT'd and arrange for it to update itself - maybe an agent mirror task placing its contents in a UNC share? That way it would not need to be replicated to by the server but the clientscould still see it...

HTH -

Joe

RE: SADR Initiated Replication

Thank you, Joe. We will definitely explore that concept. Got to find a way to keep those clients from having to reach all the way back for updates.

Regards,

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community