Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Run Immediately vs System Start up diffrenece

Any one explain what happend we assign task as below"

Example:

Run immediately and At system startup,

What is the difference b/w Client Task now vs  Tag Based ?

2 Replies

Re: Run Immediately vs System Start up diffrenece

Run immediately will do just that: Run the Task once NOW

At system startup will run the task on every start of the system BEFORE the user logs in.

I don´t get the second question though. In general you are much much more flexible with TAG-based Tasks and policies.

Best regards
Dan
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Run Immediately vs System Start up diffrenece

The main thing to ask is what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Scheduled tasks are more consistent as they don't require a response from the client as a run client task now does and it is scheduled locally on the client.  The schedule can be tag based or not, it just depends on your needs and structure.  For updates, a scheduled task is definitely the recommendation, but other tasks might have different run requirements.  It is all in planning and what you want out of the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.