Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rict
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Rogue System Detection

I've just been given the responsibility for deploying the Rogue System Detection function for our organization (currently running ePO 4.0.2). After having read the section of the ePO docs on RSD, I still have a few questions.

We have about 1800 client computers scattered throughout about 200 subnets. I can't use an RSD sensor on our DHCP servers, since they don't user Windows. Most of our other servers are concentrated in 4 subnets. So, I'm going to have to use regular desktop computers for RSD sensors, but the Desktop Support staff is concerned about the possible performance hit on those machines....does anyone have any hard data about this? Maybe some "before & after" Perfmon-type data?

What about programs that the RSD sensor might interfere with? Any that don't "play nice" with RSD?

The docs say "While maintaining as many as five or ten sensors in a broadcast
segment should not cause any bandwidth issues, you should not maintain more sensors in a broadcast segment than is necessary to guarantee coverage."...how many do most people/organizations use per segment?

Any other gotcha's I should know about?

rict
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Pitch
Level 7
Message 2 of 5

RE: Rogue System Detection

So, for each subnet with computer, you should install the captor for 10% (no more) of your total number of systems.

In a case of subnet server, as they work all of the time, you should install 1 or 5 captors, no more (per subnet).

The captor is also a process : 14 556Ko when it's working. You have to see for each system if it's not too much Smiley Wink

Edit : I don't think I could be understand as my English is very low this morning grin

Hey - it's WAY better than my French at ANY time of the day wink - although I'd agree it's not up to your usual standard - LOL - if it gets any worse we'll need to change your username to "GoogleTrans" wink
rict
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Pitch,

Merci beaucoup! (That is almost all the French I know).
That is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for.

rict
Pitch
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks wink