Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoutt
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Rogue System Detection Time

I am curious as to when the Rogue system detection fires off? We added a server and it took over 12 hours to see it. I thought there was a query that runs every hour but I couldn't find one. With that being said I did just founfd out that my rogue detection auto response was disabled. So I enabled it. So is tht the only thing there is?

And with all that being said, I do not see where to "ADD" a new rogue or server or desktop. There should be a way to add one manually.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rogue System Detection Time

The actual RSD detections are done by the sensors, and so usually happen pretty quickly. However sensors don't pass this information back to ePO immediately: this is most likely where the delay is coming from.

The intervals for reporting information back to ePO are configured as part of the RSD sensor policy - I'd have a look at how you have this configured and if necessary tweak the setting for your environment.

HTH -

Joe

scoutt
Level 11
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Joe, what would you like to know? As far as i know it is all default setup.

scoutt
Level 11
Message 4 of 4

I found the policy and it was set to 1200 seconds on reporting. I set it to 600. But that does explain why it took over 12hours to find the new server we setup.