Message 1 of 16

Rogue System Detection 2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

15 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

RE: Rogue System Detection 2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

Automatic Responses cannot use the Organization Name when filtering based on OUI

• When creating an automatic response that filters detected systems using their OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier), you cannot use the Organization Name in the OUI filter step. The OUI refers to the first six digits of the MAC address.
Anyone who did the Beta can you confirm:
Does this mean that we cant auto filter on OUI name info anymore then?? (unless we have figured out what the different codes are for what was shown as plain text in 3.6.1)
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 3 of 16

Stuck and updated thread title, good spot gmc_za

This is 17MB download and is available from the downloads section accessible via grant number.
This is in a subsection of the epo 4.0 downloads section.

Glad its back although it was high maintainence in the end on epo 3.6x

I'm thinking about trying this out. For those using it, is there much of a performance hit on the clients with sensors installed? How much management overhead on the ePO server?
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 16

when you open the network sensor control area it really racks up the CPU for a bit, but then calms down. Network traffic hit is configurable with timeouts and whether you collect the additional info (see the new EPO 4.02 manual section on RSD 2.0).

oh and the worse "Feature" you cant set responses on organization only on the oui...

Thanks for the response, Tony. Does installing the RSD extension give you the online manual or do I need to download that as well?
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 16

No you need to download the seperate EPO 4.02 manual which now contains the RSD info as a section.

How stable is this? I know the one in 3.6 had alot of bugs...

Seems to be working fine here. We just upgraded from 3.6 to 4.0 patch 2 last week. I love the new interface and rogue sensor works well. It just doesn't work with DHCP on a 64 bit server. It only sees the subnet the dhcp server is on. Well, they said they don't support 64 bit.... sad