cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogue Sensor 4.7.2 and ePO Agent 5.0

I'm sure some of you have encountered an issue with the rogue sensor 4.7.2 not installing on a machine that has ePO Agent 5.0. I know this is a known issue, but after some digging this can be easily fixed, but unfortunately this will only work for manual installs. That is until McAfee updates the rogue sensor software. Seeing as how it took them so long to go from 4.7.1 to 4.7.2 I wouldn't hold my breath.

Manually download a copy of the rogue sensor 4.7.2.zip from McAfee or ePO. With an MSI editor like Orca, open the file RSDSensor.msi. Drop the following lines in the tables below:

TableCondition
LaunchConditionAGENTDLL
SignatureAgentSig

If McAfee has already supplied a fix for this, I was unable to find one. My rogue sensors are now running perfectly on the 5.0 agent. Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

8 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Rogue Sensor 4.7.2 and ePO Agent 5.0

As per KB#: McAfee KnowledgeBase - McAfee Agent 5.0.0 compatible products

Glad to hear that it's working but it's not supported.

RSD 4.7.2 is not in the list of compatible products.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

please note, that you can't discover 5.0 agents. They will appear as rogue.

Discovering 4.x agents works quite fine.

Highlighted
brinkn
Level 9
Message 4 of 9

RSD 5.0 should be available.  It was made a managed release in July.  Note it only runs on EPO 5.1 and Agent 4.8P1 and above.

Availability and Access

This is a managed and fully supported release. To access the RSD 5.0 software, email rsd5@mcafee.com.  McAfee will provide instructions for obtaining and installing the software.

NOTE: RSD 5.0 will NOT be available on the McAfee.com download site, or through the ePO software manager until further notice.

Product Documentation

RSD 5.0 Product Guide, https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD25281

RSD 5.0 Release Notes, https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD25283

Is there a RSD that works with Agent 5.0?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

KB82101

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

sure it is, just read the post . You have to write an email, though. RSD5.0 works quite fine with Agent 5

I read the post however after sending the email got a response saying RSD 5.0 is only supported for agent 4.8 Patch 1 and 2?

you didn't ask, if it is supported but if it works with agent 5. And yes, it works

You cannot query 5.0 agents yet, though. But this should be a extension problem, not a glitch with the scanner itself. They don't show up as rogue, so it is ok for me:

my test network:

Unbenannt.png

I really hope, this will be officially supported soon

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator