cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Rogue Detection System 5.0.5.123 : deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com?

Hi there,

First time poster here.

I manage a network that that includes roughly 75 workstations and we've recently deployed Rogue Detection System 5.0.5.123 and within our environment. Shortly after deployment, we noticed that within the detected systems page, all managed and rogue names have the  DNS Name & Canonical name columns started listed as below,

Capture 2.PNG

The DNS entry and our domain are missing but have been replaced by deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com

I've uninstalled the rogue sensor, reinstalled and cleared the sensor's data but all our systems within the detected systems page show as above.

Has anyone seen this before and what can be done to resolve it?

System:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9

Rogue Detection System 5.0.5.123

Thank you.

M

2 Replies
GotEPO
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: Rogue Detection System 5.0.5.123 : deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com?

You're missing DNS A and PTR records for these nodes, which is why their resolving to this weird name. I think the developers did this intentionally, because I have seen it before as well, but the reason isn't documented anywhere.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Rogue Detection System 5.0.5.123 : deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com?

How many sensors are deployed? Are those Akamai domain name systems all detected by the same sensor, or several? It is likely a DNS issue on the machine the sensor is installed on, forwarding the lookups to an external DNS provider

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community