cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving logon message failed: a database error occurred

We have an ongoing product update for Mac OS. If we are trying to download the version via Software manager, it will output a unexpected error then product will be removed from the licensed software. Then there is a message on the login stating that there is a DB error. If we try to download and update the package from the Product Inventory, it will also provide error / failed update. This has been reported to our local vendor but no recommendation fix this issue. Workaround is to restart the Server and this is alarming since frequent restart will possible got us to hardware issue.
3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Retrieving logon message failed: a database error occurred

Hi User36809454,

Sorry, but your post is a little confusing, could you correct my understanding of what you are reporting.

• You are trying to add the MAC AV product to the ePO software repository. However when you do this you receive(you see) an on screen message that simply says:
          "an unexpected error has occurred"
    Then the product is removed from the repository.

If I have understood you correctly, I wonder if your MAC license has expired, can you check your paperwork, or if not call customer services and ask them to check/verify that your license has not actually expired and is current/active please?

Another option to test if you would please, is to collect the product from the main McAfee download site and add it manually to ePO server. 
Does the same error appear and removal behaviour appear again?

Additionally, could you add some product versions as well please?
ePO ?
ENS for MAC?
MA?

If I have misunderstood, please correct as needed.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Hawkmoon,

Yes, your understanding is correct. We are now trying to add the product for Endpoint Security for MAC OS. 

1st Attempt was via Software manager but with unexpected error. 

2nd Attempt is via manual upload. But same issue.

Now we have tried to restart the services for ePo now it seems the Event Parser wont UP. 

We have no data on the ePo. 

Version of McaFee

ePo - 5.9

ENS for Mac - 10.5.0

MA - 5.5.0.447

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

If event parser fails to start then I suspect either connectivity issue (server log will be helpful) with database or partial installation of extensions from previous attempt. Orion log will give clue about the issue in case this  is the case of partial extension installation.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community