cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a bakcup of ePo

Hi! In our enviroment we make backups of all of our servers and now im facing a problem with my epo server, so i think on restore a recent backup.

When the backup is restored, the ePo seems to not work (i cannot even acces to /core/config due "an unexpected error" thing [sorry, my software is in spanish and dont know the exact translation]).

I cannot restore the database due to be builded on an external sql server. May this be a problem? 

Am i losing something? 

Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Restore a bakcup of ePo

Hi Mr Yellow,

The core config page should come up no matter what DB detail is known to the installation..

As it it throwing such a message when you try to access it, it suggests another fault that needs a review. Permissions of the user or some such restriction stopping you getting to that page.

Call into support, the ePO group (Spanish team) is made, they should be bale to help here.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Restore a bakcup of ePo

When you restore the epo server back to a different time frame without restoring the database, you can run into mismatched extension versions and other issues, which can cause errors in epo. I would suggest getting with your dba to get the database also restored to the same time frame you restored your epo server to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community