cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyeu1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Request to improve the current AES-128 to SHA-256 encryption for dbo.OrionUsersMT table

The current encryption supported for dbo.OrionUsersMT table is AES-128 which is insufficent for one of customer's security inspection standard. They are looking for a way to improve this encryption method to meet the security standard. 

Best Regards,

Jennifer 

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Request to improve the current AES-128 to SHA-256 encryption for dbo.OrionUsersMT table

What query are you using to determine encryption on it?  I want to check different versions of epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee Jenn99
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Re: Request to improve the current AES-128 to SHA-256 encryption for dbo.OrionUsersMT table

There's no specific query for the table. The customer wants ePO to provide SHA-256 encryption than AES-128. That's is a specification requirement to meet their own security Inspection standard. 

Best Regards,

Jennifer 

McAfee Employee Jenn99
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Anyone can help? 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Please follow kb60021 to submit an Idea for this and specify how you are determining the encryption on the table.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

To clarify the reason for the idea request - this forum cannot resolve issues like that, it has to go through development and project management for changes to the product. 

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community