Did you mean: 
mherby
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Repository Replication

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to customise the repository replication task at all? I can see you can choose to update all or only certain super agents, but can you choose which sections of the repository to replicate? We have around 20 site servers, some of which are quite low on disk space, my test replication was around 500mb, although I can see it's copied current and previous bits of software.Could I choose for example to only replicate VSE and current DAT files to sites? They don't need all the software options we are licensed for and use in our head office. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Repository Replication

Jump to solution

Hi...

Yes, this is completely possible   When you configure the distributed repository you can choose which packages you wish to replicate - simply select the ones you want.

If bandwidth usage is the concern, though, you might want to have a look at MA 4.6's Lazy Caching option, which is designed for this sort of scenario, and gets round the limitations of only replicating selected packages.

HTH -

Joe

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi...

Yes, this is completely possible   When you configure the distributed repository you can choose which packages you wish to replicate - simply select the ones you want.

If bandwidth usage is the concern, though, you might want to have a look at MA 4.6's Lazy Caching option, which is designed for this sort of scenario, and gets round the limitations of only replicating selected packages.

HTH -

Joe

mherby
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Sounds great, could you point me in the direction of the Lazy Caching? I'm new to ePO!

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Have a look at the MA 4.6 Product Guide - it describes it in detail   You can find it here:      PD23185

HTH -

Joe

mherby
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Brilliant, thanks for the assist.