cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Bad Extention

I am trying to remove a bad extention. I have found somestuff out there and followed it but the extentions is still listed in EPO. Its the extentions for Solidcore 6.1.1.159. I can run the remove form the EPO console but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have also manually deleted some of the solidcore components from epo directories.

2 Replies

Re: Removing a Bad Extention

Manually deleting components without the direct advice from McAfee support is a very bad idea, and may even affect your supportability status.

I'd strongly suggest you restore what you've deleted and contact McAfee support.

Highlighted

Re: Removing a Bad Extention

The issue started when i tried to update the extension. Something went wrong with the update (still not sure what) but it caused the webconsole to break. I searched KBs and the forums and found this https://community.mcafee.com/thread/60820. I followed those instructions and it resolved my issue. however the new issue was that I now have a broken extention and can uninstall it to fix it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community