cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove software from clients that are older versions than in EPO

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to uninstall versions of software from clients using EPO, where only a newer version is in the master repository?

The long version of this  - I've built a new 5.10 EPO server and migrated a few clients over, but the Firewall version on the clients are much older than the version on the new EPO server.  We have not committed to use the ENS Firewall yet so don't want it running via the new EPO server yet.

Options i can think of are:

• Deploy the agent from the old EPO server onto the client, remove the software then deploy the new agent again
  • Deploy the latest version of Firewall onto the client then remove it (but that might be a problem because the old firewall itself is preventing some EPO access because the new EPO server is in a new subnet that the old firewall possible hasn't been configured to recognise as Trusted)
  • Use the McAfee Removal Tool (sledgehammer apporach)
  • Install the older version of Firewall into the Previous Branch in EPO (not even sure if this is possible)

All of these options seem a bit of a 'long way round' though, especially if i need to do it to multiple systems so just wondered if there was another option.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Remove software from clients that are older versions than in EPO

Jump to solution
Apologies - I've sorted this. I tried the fourth option and it's worked perfectly - for some reason (even though that seems the obvious solution) i only thought of it while writing the post so just tried it and all worked fine once i'd applied a policy to disable the firewall.
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Remove software from clients that are older versions than in EPO

Jump to solution
Apologies - I've sorted this. I tried the fourth option and it's worked perfectly - for some reason (even though that seems the obvious solution) i only thought of it while writing the post so just tried it and all worked fine once i'd applied a policy to disable the firewall.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community