cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove extra.dat with EPO

I want to remove an extra.dat file from my endpoints with EPO. I have deleted the extra.dat file from the master repository and hoped that after the autoupdate the extra.dat file would be deleted from my endpoints but nothing happenes.

How can I remove the extra.dat file from my endpoints ?

5 Replies

Re: Remove extra.dat with EPO

Hello,

Yes you can delete it from ePO master repository but Extra DAT file can't be remove from ePO console on local machine. It can be replaced by new extra dat file but you can't delete.

Best option is remove locally extra dat file on machine and restart the system. But if will OK for few machines not for all the clients.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Additionally, extra dats have an expiry date: once the signature they contain is included in the main dat, the extra dat is no longer used even though it's still present.

HTH -

Joe

The best and quick way is to create a pup (Unwanted program) user detection for Extra.dat. Then do a Scan in the Engine McAfee folder and the extraDAT will be detected and deleted

Best regards,

Jose

Thanks for update

It will be great if you please share it with us with screen shot.

Hi,

Please find attached the screenshot from my standalo installation. For ePO should be the same but defined in the ePO policies.

Sense títol.png

Best regards,

Jose