cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Old Antivirus during Installation McAfee.

Dear Support,

We have purchased McAfee (CEB) Antivirus Plus ePO 5.1, we want to remove old antivirus install on client machine when we push agent (McAfee) on that particular machine, any idea how can we do that ???

Regards,

Akhtar

14 Replies

Re: Remove Old Antivirus during Installation McAfee.

What Antivirus is already installed ? - installation of Viruscan will automatically remove a wide range of other 3rd party AV products during the installation process.

Jim

Hi,

Is the Old AV deployed stand alone on the machines? If yes, then you need to remove it from the Control panel and uninstall it. then clean the registry.

If it is deployed through a management server, then you need to unistall it through the server then retire the server.

By the way what it the Old AV you use?

Check KB72251 - it has the master list of all products that can be unistalled by installation of Virusscan 8.8 - it does list several Kaspersky Security Products but I don't see Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 - at least not in that form 

Jim

we have Kaspersky Endpoint Security 2010, i have already read that KB, but can you explain the procedure that how we'll uninstall KEPS on client machine during push McAfee Agent.

Thnx in Advance.

Regards,

Akhtar

You will not be able to uninstall simply by pushing an agent to the machines - IF the McAfee Virusscan installation is able to remove the Kaspersky Product you have installed then you would need to push an agent out and then configure a DEployment task in ePO to install AV 8.8 - and that should attempt to remove any 3rd party AV products that it is aware of.

Jim

thnx for your response,we used Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for windows, we have deployed AV through management server & unfortunately we have uninstalled the old AV server, is there any other solution to uninstall Old AV on client machine when we push agent (McAfee).

Regards,

Akhtar

Dear jmaxwell,

thnx 4 ur reply, i'll try your solution, please told me that how can we exclude any software which i didn't want to scan in ePO 5.1.

Regards.

Akhtar

Excluding files and processes from AV scanning is a totally differnet question so I suggest that you open a new discusion thread with that question or first of all search the existing threads as there are plenty discussion AV Exclusions.

Jim

catdaddy
Level 20
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 15

This may not relate to Corporate Products Removal. However here is a list of Removal Guides for Kasperky.

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer