cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehnbit
Level 7

Remote workgroup users & encryption

Hoping someone can help with this...

We have a v4.6.5 ePO server in our domain with EEPC v7. We have a number of remote workgroup machines that we need to encrypt and remotely protect. We will be setting up an agent handler in our DMZ, but I'm wondering how we will add encryption users for these machines. When we try to add an encryption user to a workgroup machine, it only lets us select a user from our domain.

How can we assign a local workstation user to the policy so that they can sign into the pre-boot and (with SSO) automatically sign into their local user profile?

Message was edited by: ehnbit on 3/8/13 4:07:21 PM CST
0 Kudos
4 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: Remote workgroup users & encryption

Hi,

To deploy Agent Handler in DMZ please follow this KB

https://kb.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59218&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

TO assign local workstation users to the policy so they can sign  into the pre-boot and automatically sign into their local accounts, you should register a LDAP server with ePO.

0 Kudos
ehnbit
Level 7

I'm not sure I understand... We already have LDAP setup between the ePO and our domain controllers. How would this allow us to add local users for remote workgroup machines???

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Have you set up EE LDAP Server user/Group synchronization task to synch all groups in LDAP?

What Synchronization settings  are you using  under "Synchronization Settings for My Organization > Computers"?

on 3/8/13 4:50:18 PM CST
0 Kudos
ehnbit
Level 7

I still don't see how LDAP has anything to do with this. These are remote machines, each at a separate location, and part of a workgroup. There is no way to synchronize anything with them via LDAP.

Message was edited by: ehnbit on 3/8/13 5:14:24 PM CST
0 Kudos