cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Release date ePO 4.5 Patch 4

My portal shows 4.5 SP4 released as of today.  Not sure if I'd just "throw it on" or not given McAfee's track record with patches.

rackroyd
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

It is indeed available for general download now.

You can see the readme file posted in McAfee support article: KB71049

Rgds,

Rob.

PhilR
Level 12
Message 13 of 15

Went on without a hitch here.

Phil

noah
Level 9
Message 14 of 15

I installed patch 4 and am now Installing 4.6. I hope it's the release version and I did not somehow get into the beta program. For about 10 minutes it's been "Migrating previous product files and settings" but I do have a lot of product files and settings. It is running, the cpu usage is high, could be a high IOP job going on with another server causing the slowness.

I'm on a VM so instead of total destruction I'll at least be able to go back to the snapshot before installing. I bet going back in time with the snapshot will break something though and will have to recover from normal backups.

I hope 4.6 is awesome, I've been waiting for a version where I can get all the patches from the EPO server instead of navigating the website.

Edit: Took about 20 minutes to go past the "migrating previous product files and settings". It's probably the VM I'm on causing it to go so slow.

Message was edited by: noah on 3/28/11 5:23:43 PM CDT
PhilR
Level 12
Message 15 of 15

4.6 install does take a while, but it gets there in the end.

Looks good!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator