msuna
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Regsitering ePO 5.3.2 with an instance of ePO 5.1.0

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Hoping you can help.

I am trying to register ePO 5.3.2 server with an instance of ePO 5.1.0.
In the drop down menu I don't get the 5.3 version of ePO, it only goes to 5.1.grade to 5.3.2:

Capture.PNG

This is to upgrade to a new instance of ePO 5.3.2 and to avoid losing Encryption Users in the transfer.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msuna
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Re: Regsitering ePO 5.3.2 with an instance of ePO 5.1.0

Jump to solution

I read somewhere that you can register 5.1 with a 4.6 but you have to select 4.6 for the new 5.1 ePO server.
With this logic I did the same. It registered and I am able to transfer systems.

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Had a similar issue when registering ePO 4.6.9 server in a ePO 5.3.2 environment; spoke to Support - they recommended to use 5.3 in the drop down menu when registering ePO 4.6.9 (it may just be a name place holder and nothing more).  Was able to register 4.6.9 with no issues.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
msuna
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I read somewhere that you can register 5.1 with a 4.6 but you have to select 4.6 for the new 5.1 ePO server.
With this logic I did the same. It registered and I am able to transfer systems.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.