Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cispro
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Registering ePO servers with external SQL database

I have a central ePO which is supposed to be a reporting server that would roll-up data from two other ePO servers. Both of these ePO servers have their databases in separate servers.

I want to register these ePO servers in my reporting ePO and I choose ePO 4.5 as the server type. However, the IP address that I'm required to enter is that of the database server. There's no place where I could specify the IP address or details of the target ePO server.

Is this how it is supposed to work or did McAfee assume that everybody would be using the database on the same server as the ePO? As it is, I can successfully register the database server of the target ePO and do a successful connection test. But I have put nothing regarding the target ePO server itself and it seems a bit awkward to me.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Registering ePO servers with external SQL database

This is how it's supposed to work - the rollup process actually pulls data straight from the database of the target server, rather than going via the ePO server itself.

HTH -

Joe

cispro
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Re: Registering ePO servers with external SQL database

Thanks Joe,

Still, isn't it a bit strange then to name it as registering an ePO server even though we are actually providing the details of its database? I believe this should either be explained in the product guide or at least as an information message during the steps of registering the new server.

The same registration is supposed to work for policy sharing as well. Are we then sharing our policies with another ePO server or its database?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community